MRS. PEEL - WE'RE NEEDED !!!

Saturday 15 May 2010

Behind the smiling faces...

I'm sure you have already noticed, that a like to interpret pictures, scenes etc.
Well, as a hobby psychologist I have now started to interpret Patrick Macnees life :)
Perhaps it's completely false what I'm thinking about him - I always have the intention to feel sorry for people, although I don't know them well - and so I do for Patrick Macnee.

I have read some biographical informations about him, informations from the books I have mentionned at my blog and my first thought was that he must be very unhappy.

I think that he fell deeply in love with Diana Rigg - but everybody knows that she was looking for a man of intelect...she got what she wanted - Patrick didn't.
He got married for several times...His childhood qas quite difficult and so the life before, during and after "The Avengers".
I've read that he often has visited Diana and her family. Perhaps he wanted to be a part of it.

Of course he has 2 children and I also believe that he is happy with his last wife (does anybody know if she is still alive??? I don't know - I've read two different things...) But I think that Patrick is sometimes really sad...



Diana Rigg's life wasn't easy too, but I believe that she gets what she wanted. She has a beautiful daughter and for me it seems that she enjoys everything. I have watched interviews and I've seen alot of pictures - she's always smiling - but not a forced laughter - just a natural smile

Here I have some pictures of her (belong to http://www.rachael-stirling.com/gallery/?level=album&id=111)







2 comments:

  1. I don't know. Everyone's life has it's own triumphs and tragedies. Like you stated, Pat had a fractured childhood. Also, it seems like every partner he had left him in the lurch. Ian, Honor, and then Diana. Not to mention his clueless 2nd wife. He stated in interviews that he was just miserable by the time Linda Thorson showed up. So much so that he couldn't bear to watch the series. Good job with your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes everyone pretty much has their ups and their downs in life. I do feel sorry for Patrick that he had a touch life. I think he loved Diana too when they worked together. It's nice that they remained close friends after Diana left the show. Patrick was pretty much the only close friend Diana had on the show. Him and her driver. How sad is that? Who would want to not be friends with her? She looks and seems like a nice beautiful woman who is full of life and fun. Thats just sad. I also feel sorry that her 2nd husband (The father of her daughter Rachel) cheated on her with Joely Richardson. It looks like he was just looking for someone younger to get with for the time being. I got so angry and sad when I read that. Now to this day I wont even watch a movie with Joely starring in it. I know it's not all her faulty, but the man's, but to me it takes two to make an affair and I have a pretty good feeling Joely knew that he was married to the famous Diana Rigg while they had an affair. After that Diana was really hurt. I feel so sorry for her. If I was a man and was married with Diana (I'm not gay by the way. lol.) I would have never cheated on Diana. Not because she was the famous Emma Peel on tv or an actress, but because she's a beautiful and kind woman who any man would be lucky to have and know in their lives. But I'm glad to hear that she's happy and has her beautiful daughter Rachel in her life. I do hear that Diana and Archie (her ex) are still friends and do still support each other for Rachel's sake. I do have to give the man some points on being a good father to his children.

    ReplyDelete