MRS. PEEL - WE'RE NEEDED !!!

Friday 14 May 2010

The Avengers (1998)


Today I'm writing about the film "The Avengers". I believe that everybody have seen it - perhaps with great expectations - but I'm really disappointed. Who isn't?

They have tried to revive "The Avengers" but for me it was just a really bad film. Of course, Uma Thurman, Ralph Fiennes and Sean Connery are great actors - but they didn't fit the bill for this film.
Nobody could ever replace Patrick Macnee or Diana Rigg. They had the "swinging sixties" in their blood - they have grewn up during this year - they had a special connection to "The Avengers"

So I'm wondering why the have made this film...it was too much - they did exaggerate in every case. There wasn't much equality with the old avengers...

I'm sorry if there is anybody who like the film - but I don't...

3 comments:

  1. You are right, it was terrible

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy watching the movie and I thought Ralph and Uma sort of did a good job playing Emma and Steed, but they can never compete with Diana and Patrick. No one can. They're the best always will be. I was disappointed too with the movie. I was expexting a lot more and something with the same feel as the series had, but the movie didn't deliver it. To me they over did it with the movie. A lot. It seems that they could have done better with the movie. May not as good as the orignal series and with the orignal actors, but they could have done better. To me Ralph was too young to play Steed. Steed is at least 10 to 20 years older than Emma was. lol. And Uma as Emma Peel was a big disappointment for me. She was boring. She didn't add enough that special something that Diana Rigg brings to Emma Peel. That special charm she has that always makes you fall in love with her character over and over again each time you watch an episode of The Avengers. She was always so alive, happy, and always loved to have some fun. And sometime to be a little silly, but not over doing it. She always was lady-like when she needed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in high school when the movie came out, and the movie was my first exposure to The Avengers. I liked it.

    However, when I started to catch original episodes of the show I fell in love with it and started to see how way off the movie was.

    I'd love to see them try again, but I don't think the Steed and Mrs. Peel relationship can ever be done the way Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg brought it to life.

    ReplyDelete