MRS. PEEL - WE'RE NEEDED !!!

Saturday 22 May 2010

The British sense of humour

What I like about The Avengers is the typical British humour. That's absolutely great. Although in very seriouse situations Steed and also Emma are making jokes.
One of my favourite is this:

A surfeit of H2O

Steed remarks the place where they have found the death body in the grass:

"I had an auntie who used to make biscuits like this."

I love this, there are of course more quotes like this one, but it's not easy to understand them - I only know them in german

2 comments:

  1. I like their british sense of humor too. It's one of the best things that make the show so great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that kind of humor that's subtle and not being hammered over the head. The Avengers definitely knew how to be subtle.

    ReplyDelete