MRS. PEEL - WE'RE NEEDED !!!

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Steed and Emma

Since I have seen the first episode of The Avengers, it was absolutely clear for me that Emma and Steed should be a couple. The first episode I have seen was "The Joker" there was the final scene where Emma and Steed left the dining room and closed the door and when I saw this I knew that I must see all the other episodes because there must be more between this charming agents - but there wasn't.

It was really sad when Emma did left. There were so many questions. Steed is looks very sad, while Emma seems very enthusiastic. But I believe that she loves Steed.

If I'm wathcing the avengers I'm still waiting that something will happend between Steed and Emma - although I know that they will never kiss...

3 comments:

  1. They would be the perfect couple! Emma is absolutely great, she shouldn´t have left. But I guess she had her reasons. Does anybody know why she had left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the Emma Peel character left to be with her test-pilot husband, Peter Peel, who had gone missing over the Amazon and been presumed dead. Diana Rigg left because she was badly treated on the show (famously paid less than the cameraman), and because she wanted to return to the theatre. Diana actually wanted to leave after her first season, but stayed on to support Patrick Macnee, who had just broken up with his wife and begged her to stay on to help him through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wished she never left either. They would have made the perfect couple. At least theres fanfiction we can always read and to use our imagations. lol. You can tell Steed wanted Emma to stay. By the way he looked in the face. So sad. You can tell he wanted to say "Emma, Please don't leave. Stay, because I love you.", but he couldn't. Instead he says "Emma. Thanks." You can also tell she wanted him to beg her to stay too. But it never came. So sad, but still a sweet moment on the goodbye scene between them. I was a litle disappointed on the movie that came out in 98. It was good, but it wasn't the same. It could have never matched up with the greatness with the series and with Diana and Patrick as Emma and Steed as well. It was nice to see a theory on how they could have met, but I mostly wished it was a movie on how Emma could have returned into Steed's life and this time stay for good. It would have been great if her husband ended up being the bad guy. It would give her a perfect reason to divorce him so she can be with Steed. lol. But I have read a few fanfiction stories like this though. They were good. :D

    ReplyDelete