MRS. PEEL - WE'RE NEEDED !!!

Monday 24 May 2010

Thoughts...


Today seems to be one of those crazy days on which I start to think about different things and become very melancholical. It's just one of these this on which I feel very sad and could cry about a silly video at youtube where Emma leaves "The Avengers"

So I started thinking again about Patrick Macnee and it makes me feel quite unconfortable. I don't know why but there is something about him that touched me deep inside.
Does anybody know what he's doing the last years? Is he happy? Is he sitting all day long in his house thinking about the things that happened?
I don't know.

I've got the feeling that The Avengers was the only thing that made him happy. He had a lot of friends there, Honor Blackman, Diana Rigg who helped him trough the hard times he had. While the others left the show he still was there - believing in the perfect world they showed in The Avengers. But alone. Diana, who was the women he trusted in wasn't there anymore.
He never will forget these years with The Avengers, it wasn't a project for him it was his life - his whole life! I think he was very happy when they started with TNA and very sad when all was over.
There he was - again alone - no Diana. I'm sure it wasn't easy for him. Nothing was easy for him.. when I was reading the book "The Avengers and me", I was convinced that he did live for The Avengers - ther he had joy and now it's over.

I would like to say to him: Patrick, you did a great job! You have changed the life of so many people out there. Don't worry. It was the best thing you've ever done!
I would like to talk to him. Ask him about his feelings, the plans he had...
But I will never have this chance...Never. All the others could leave the Avengers behind. He couldn't. Never.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the exact same way when it comes to The Avengers and on Patrick thinking that the best part of his happiness was this show. Mainly during the times he spent on it with Diana intill she left. He was so happy with her on the show. They both were blessed to have met and worked with each other. It's sad that they all left the show that only Patrick being the only one that remained behind and alone once again. So sad.

    ReplyDelete