MRS. PEEL - WE'RE NEEDED !!!

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Where are those happy days?


If you watch TA you will notice that there are so many differences - compared with nowadays.
In former times people wore beautiful clothes. We just wear jeans, jeans and jeans. Everyday. Sometimes we have the possibility to wear something different, but not often. If you sometimes wear a dress or a skirt people thing you are strange. Especially if you live in a smaller village like I do.

TA show a life of joy and happiness. Steed and Emma have a big flat, expensive cars, wondeful wardrobes...

It's the life everybody wants. They are popular and clever, smart...

Today you don't have to be cleaver. If you are good at school they don't like you. You have to be sexy, not beautiful. You have to be like others. Wear jeans, T-Shirts, like heavy metal and horror films. Otherwise they don't like you.

So here I am. A young girl who belongs to the sixties :) Dreaming of a life with champagne, a lotus elan s2, beautiful dresses, cocktail parties and John Steed.
If you go out today you must be drunken. It would be so nice if you can go out, drink a glass of champagne, wear a beautiful dress like Emma and dance all night...

I'm oldfashioned, I know but I'm proud of it.

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I'm the same way. lol. I'm 22 and a college student and I think I was born and raised in the wrong time too. The perfect generation for me is the 60s as well. I still want to be like Emma Peel and have me a John Steed. And theres nothing wrong being a little old fastion. I'm the same way and I'm proud of it. Sometimes I would want to wear certain things, but am afraid what people might think. I say who cares. Wear what you want and act the way you want. Live the way that makes you happy not what makes other people happy. This is your life and you only get to live it once. I say live it up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also forgot to mention that Emma and Steed are very rich people too. Thats why they are able to buy fancy clothes and cars and live in nice apartments. lol. Emma comes from a rich family on her fathers side. Known as Knight. And Steed I believe also comes from a high class family as well. And plus I bet being secret agents like them do pay very nicely as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this posting and I have to agree whole heartedly with you. People used to take so much more care in how they looked. People even dressed up for Christmas dinner where nowadays the kids are wearing the tee-shirt and pants of the day and the adults are not much better. :(

    What happened to getting dressed up to go out, even if it is just for dinner?

    ReplyDelete